• Point of Sale Software

    The Child Nutrition Program operates under a Point of Sale (POS) system, which means each student must type in their student ID# (or PIN) in order to purchase any item.  Under POS, each student has an account and the correct amount is removed from the account when the child purchases an item.  Parents are encouraged to send money to be placed on the student accounts.  Please place the child's name or PIN number in the memo portion on checks.  All money left on the account at the end of the school year stays with the student and will transfer to the next grade.  Refunds are only granted if a student withdraws from the school district or if there is a balance at the end of the school year and a refund is requested.



    Available at all schools.

    Breakfast -Free for all students


    Elementary Lunch (Pre-K - 6) $2.25

    Middle and High School (7-12) $2.25

    Reduced Lunch - $0.40

    Extra Milk - $0.35

    Visitor Lunch - $4.00

    Employee Lunch - $3.50


    Please see the new Charge Policy under the Policy tab. 


    All menus are posted on the Hale County Board of Education website.


    Hale County Schools participate in the National School Lunch and Breakfast program.  Some students may qualify for free or reduced-priced meals.  Applications are available in each school office and on the Child Nutrition Program section of the website.

    Hale County Schools follows the Offer versus Serve policy sponsored by the USDA.  Offer vs. Serve is intended to decrease waste and costs by allowing students to refuse up to two components in a lunch and one component in a breakfast.  The lunch components consist of a meat/meat alternative (cheese, beans or yogurt), grain (bread, rice, or noodles), vegetable, fruit, and milk.  The breakfast components consist of an entree', fruit/juice and milk.


    Currently we offer FREE breakfast to students at all locations. 



    The Child Nutrition Program is happy to accommodate students with special dietary needs and food allergies within our abilities.  Students must provide written medical documentation from the treating physician in order to provide for this accommodation.  This documentation must include, but is not limited to, a statement of what the allergy is, what dietary changes from the traditional school meal are necessary, what specific foods must be omitted or substituted and what dietary items can be used to replace them with.  This documentation should be given to the school nurse.




    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
         Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
         1400 Independence Avenue, SW
         Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
    (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
    (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.